Job Title: Assistant/Associate Professor (Tenure-Track)
- Department: School of Engineering
- Job Posted On: 04/27/2017
- Job Start Date: 08/01/2018
- Job Type: Full Time
- Job Status: Permanent
- Search Type: Global Search
- Job Post ID: 15916
The School of Engineering at The College of New Jersey (TCNJ) invites applications for a tenure track associate or assistant professorship in electrical & computer engineering to begin in August 2018.
- The successful candidate will be responsible for effective teaching, research, service, curriculum/laboratory development, and advising.
- It is expected that successful candidates will demonstrate plans for establishing a productive research program at TNCJ that includes undergraduate students.
- Suitable candidates will have leadership skills and potential, and are required to have a strong background in one or more traditional EE fields including: digital signal processing, embedded systems, circuits, control systems, computer architecture, and communications; preference will be given to candidates with research interest/experience with speech and language, sensing, software radio technologies, embedded systems, non-linear controls, computer architecture, and/or the application of nanotechnology in undergraduate courses.
- A Ph.D. in Electrical Engineering, or closely related field, is required at the time of appointment. Industrial experience and professional licensure are a plus.
Founded in 1855, TCNJ is a highly selective institution that has earned national recognition for its commitment to excellence. Emphasizing a residential experience for its 6,500 undergraduates, TCNJ is one of Barron’s 75 “Most Competitive” American colleges, and U.S. News & World Report’s No. 1 public institution of its kind in the northern region of the country. The College also offers focused graduate programs in nursing, education and English. In 2006, TCNJ was awarded a Phi Beta Kappa chapter-an honor shared by less than 10 percent of colleges and universities nationally. A strong liberal arts core forms the foundation for programs offered through TCNJ’s seven schools-Arts & Communication; Business; Culture and Society; Education; Science; Nursing, Health, and Exercise Science; and Engineering. TCNJ faculty members are teacher-scholars who share a commitment to liberal learning. TCNJ is located within an hour, by train, of NYC and Philadelphia. The College’s campus is set on 289 tree-lined acres in suburban Ewing Township and is known for its natural beauty. TCNJ has 39 major buildings, including the 4th-best college library in the nation, according to the Princeton Review. The School of Engineering enrolls about 575 engineering majors across 6 programs. The School offers Bachelor of Science degrees in biomedical, civil, computer, electrical and mechanical engineering and engineering science with specializations in policy & society and management. They additionally offer a bachelor of science in technological education/pre-engineering education and math/science/technology education.
To apply, send an electronic application that includes a curriculum vita, transcripts, names of three references, and a letter of application that includes a statement of teaching and research interests to: ECE Search Committee Chair, School of Engineering via email to email@example.com. Review of applications will begin on September 15, 2017 and will remain open until the position is filled.
The College of New Jersey is an Affirmative-Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. To enrich education through diversity, The College of New Jersey is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The College has a strong commitment to achieving diversity among faculty and staff, and strongly encourages women and members of underrepresented groups to apply.